Rights of All Clients
As a Unison client, you have a right:
- To be treated with dignity, respect, and honesty, regardless of my race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, financial status, ancestry, record of offences, substance use or family status.
- To participate in and make decisions about my health care and treatment.
- To refuse treatment or a particular service and to be informed of the consequences.
- To receive programs and services in a clean and safe environment.
- To receive quality care and services that respects my social, cultural, spiritual and physical needs.
- To give Unison feedback on my experience with Unison’s programs and services. To have my concerns heard and acknowledged.
- To make a formal complaint about services that I received at Unison in my preferred language.
- To get a response to my complaint if I ask for it.
- To have my personal records and information kept confidential.
- To become a member of Unison having the right to vote at the annual general meeting
Responsibilities of All Clients
As a Unison client, you have a responsibility:
- To treat staff and other clients politely and respectfully regardless of their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, financial status, ancestry, record of offences, substance use or family status.
- To treat Unison facilities with respect.
- To practice good infection control–for example, by cleaning my hands when I come in and by covering a cough or sneeze.
- To participate in decisions about my treatment or care to the best of my ability.
- To inform Unison as early as possible if I cannot come for my appointment or program.
- To tell Unison about changes in my information (e.g., address, phone number, emergency contact).
- To be responsible for the behaviour of those who I bring with me.
- To take care of my belongings while I am at Unison.
- To give feedback in a respectful way. Please refrain from foul language, shouting and threats, both in verbal and written comments.
Click here to download a pdf version of these Rights & Responsibilities.