Unison Health and Community Services is looking for New Board Members for the Board Year starting September 2019
We are looking for:
- People who are reflective of our priority populations; members of the LGBTQI+; people who have experienced poverty; and people with experience of immigration or refugee systems in Canada
- Young adults who have experienced barriers accessing services as a youth
- People who are able to look at community and health issues broadly;
- People who have demonstrated leadership skills and a commitment to our vision of Healthy Communities; and
- People who are at least 18 years old and eligible to be members of the corporation.
We are particularly interested in new Board members who:
- Have knowledge or expertise in community engagement/development
- Have experience in governance of not-for-profit organizations;
- Have experience in the broader health or social service sector;
- Will be comfortable participating on a Board to make decisions and work as a team; and
- Are able to commit to a minimum of one to two evening meetings per month.
Unison is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage applicants that reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
If you are interested, please send your resume and letter of application to Hazzel Rosales at email@example.com, c/o Governance Committee by June 20, 2019. If you require accommodation through the recruitment process please inform Hazzel at 416-787-1676 ext. 3257.