About Student Placements:
- Unison, across five sites, offers numerous learning opportunities for students every year.
- Students placement period and days of week are various.
- Students are usually assigned to one program or one team.
- Students usually have specific assigned tasks or learning goals.
- Students learning outcomes are usually confined to their own assigned program or team.
- Amongst students, they may not have many opportunities to share common tasks if they do not belong to one team, one program or same supervisor.
Student Poster Project - Key Objectives:
- To encourage students working in a team for projects which have boarder perspective or cross-agency/cross-site focus.
- To fully utilize students’ different skill sets, such as interviews, data analysis, graphic design etc.
- To promote shared learning and celebrate success
Outcomes of the Project:
- There were five posters completed by 12 students working in Housing, Unison Links, APS and CPNP Programs
- Two awards - Best Content Poster and Best Design Poster
- 55 staff voted in early May.
Winner poster was the Unison Housing Expansion 2015 (The Best Content and Best Design Poster)