Your health and wellbeing matters! The Be Well survey was developed to measure factors that are important to quality of life. It includes questions about health but also about social connections, sense of belonging and inclusion, leisure time, democratic engagement and the environment.
The Be Well survey will help us to identify areas, where wellbeing is lower so that service providers can determine how to change or adapt services offered to better meet client/community needs. The results can also assist in identifying strengths in wellbeing and in services that are already offered in the community.
We have created several fact sheets to summarize findings for several topics. Click on the links below to view the fact sheets (pdf format):
- Community Vitality (social contacts, sense of belonging, sense of trust)
- Healthy Populations (self-rated physical and mental health)
- Leisure Activities (social and physical leisure time)
- Living Standards (food security, financial security)
- Time Use (volunteering, time to get everything done)
For more information about Unison’s survey, please contact Andrew Koch, Health Planner at Unison (andrew.koch[at]unisonhcs.org).
To learn more information about the Be Well Survey, please visit: https://www.aohc.org/Canadian-Index-Wellbeing-Project.