The Bathurst-Finch Network is a group of community members and workers in the Bathurst-Finch area. We came together in 2009 to work together for our neighbourhood. Today, we have a steering committee and several sub-committee including food, seniors, ESL, women and events.
To read about the values and goals of the Bathurst-Finch Network, please click here.
To read a recent article from the steering committee of the Bathurst-Finch Network about our first anniversary, our structure and our hopes for the future, click here.
To find out more about the Bathurst-Finch Network, to join one of our sub-committees, or to join our email list to find out about our events and campaigns, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Highlights of our work
Over the past year and half, we’ve worked together to:
- Convince City Council to designate Antibes Community a free ‘Priority Centre’ for 2012.
- Help create a city-wide conversation about access to recreation and the Welcome Policy.
- Convince the City to open Centennial Library on Mondays.
- Lobby the Toronto District School Board to open Northview Secondary School for free community use.
Our programs include:
- A free and friendly ‘Meet and Speak’ conversation circle every Monday at Centennial Library from 10:15 am to 12:00 pm
- A free and friendly ‘Employment Café’ every Tuesday at Centennial Library from 1:00 pm – 3:45 pm
- A free monthly community women’s dinner at various locations.
- A fun and festive weekly Good Food Market in the summer months, selling fresh produce at on average below supermarket prices.
Our regular events include:
- Community candidates debates during elections.
- Annual Bathurst-Finch ‘Community Day’ celebration
- Annual Bathurst-Finch Community Picnic
- General meetings where we discuss community issues and Bathurst-Finch Network campaigns and programs
There are lots of ways to get involved! Please email the Bathurst-Finch Steering Committee at: email@example.com or visit us at our website: https://sites.google.com/site/bathurstfinchnetwork/