Each year, Unison conducts a Client Experience Survey at our main sites. The survey helps us to assess how well our programs and services are meeting clients’ needs.
Our Client Experience Survey was conducted at each of our main locations between October 16 and November 3. More than 600 clients completed the survey. Thank you to everyone who participated!
Overall, clients were very positive about their experiences at Unison. We found that:
- 68% rated their overall experience accessing the centre as “Excellent” or “Very Good”;
- 89% agreed or strongly agreed that our programs and services have helped them improve their health and well-being;
- 91% agreed or strongly agreed that Unison has a positive impact on their community.
Click here to download a summary of results for 2017 (pdf file).
The survey results also help us to identify areas where we can improve clients’ experience. For example:
- Clients have told us that they would like to be able to get an appointment with a health care provider more quickly. We have made changes to how appointments are made at some sites. This is an area we are continuing to work on.
- Some clients have expressed concerns about access to dental services. The dental clinics at Unison are run by Toronto Public Health, so Unison is not able to change how they determine who is eligible for free dental services. However, Unison is supporting a provincial campaign to expand public dental services. In early 2017, we submitted a petition with 150 names, calling for the expansion of affordable public dental programs, to Laura Albanese, MPP for York South Weston.
If you would like to learn more about our Client Experience Survey, please contact Andrew Koch, Health Planner, at 416-653-5400 ext. 1036.